This content was produced in collaboration with our partner, Lucas Bols.
Craft is important to Tequila Partida. From slow-roasting fresh piñas to foregoing additives entirely, every step of the process to make these tequilas is designed to highlight the natural flavors of Partida’s high-quality, blue weber agaves.
So when it comes to crafting the right cocktail for its Partida Añejo, the spotlight is best placed on the agave here, too. Enter Partida’s Spiced Old Fashioned, a simple but flavorful tequila Old Fashioned that proves how premium añejo tequila can easily substitute for high-end whiskey.
A riff on the classic whiskey cocktail, the Spiced Old Fashioned is spirit-forward, allowing drinkers to experience the complexities that come from the Partida Añejo’s 18 months of aging. Fresno chilis accentuate the tequila’s natural spice and freshness, while maple syrup underscores the añejo’s warm flavors of vanilla and honey.
Partida Spiced Old Fashioned Selling Points
- Because it’s a variation on a classic cocktail, this tequila Old Fashioned is likely to garner quick interest from the menu alone.
- As consumers become better versed in tequila, they are trading up from blanco tequila and exploring within premium reposado and añejo styles—like the Partida Añejo.
- Tequila is booming, now challenging whiskey and vodka as a top-selling spirits category in the U.S.
Partida Spiced Old Fashioned Recipe
- 2 oz. Partida Añejo
- 2 bar spoons of maple syrup
- 2 slices of Fresno chilis
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
Method: In an old fashioned glass, muddle the fresno chili slices, bitters, and maple syrup. Add ice and Partida Añejo, and stir. Garnish with an orange peel and slice of Fresno chili.