This advertising content was produced in collaboration with our partner, Kettmeir.
For over a century, Kettmeir has been crafting vibrant, expressive wines that are emblematic of Alto Adige. This northern Italian region has become a favorite among sommeliers and retailers alike. The winery’s take on Alto Adige’s signature white grape, Pinot Bianco, embodies the freshness and aromatic complexity of Kettmeir wines—with just enough intrigue to draw in consumers.
Established in 1919, Kettmeir was the first winery to bottle and export wines from Alto Adige. Though the producer owns vineyards in this small, Alpine region, it also has generations-long partnerships with local growers, many of which have small production and are focused on quality. These strong relationships allow Kettmeir to work closely with their grower partners to produce the best possible grapes for delicious wines.
The Kettmeir Pinot Bianco, one of the winery’s varietal wines, is fermented in stainless steel and aged for a few months on its lees before bottling. With Alto Adige’s signature freshness and bright, complex aromatic profile, it’s a versatile option for glass, bottle, and retail programs alike.
Selling Points for Kettmeir Wines
- Pinot Bianco thrives in Alto Adige, which is why it has become one of the region’s leading varieties. Though it’s less known than other Pinot family members, adding an element of discovery, its lineage acts as a gateway for consumers.
- Kettmeir grapes are always hand-picked, creating high-quality wines that are exceptionally terroir transparent.
- Consumers are seeking out bright, refreshing white wines for everyday drinking, making Kettmeir’s offerings an excellent fit.
3 Kettmeir Wines to Watch
- Kettmeir Pinot Bianco: With subtly floral notes and green apple aromas, this Pinot Bianco is dry yet fruity, with mouthwatering acidity.
- Kettmeir Pinot Grigio: Showcasing the best of this well-known variety, the Kettmeir Pinot Grigio has complex aromas of pear, apple, white flowers, and concentrated citrus. It’s lifted, with a distinctive savory quality on the palate.
- Kettmeir Müller Thurgau: A mix of fresh peach and nutmeg accompanies herbal aromas on the nose of this Müller Thurgau, which is round yet fresh on the palate.